The new Development Director Scandinavia and United Kingdom will be a key member of the Development team, whose responsibility will include the development of the portfolio the international hotel chain, particularly in the Scandinavian region and in the United Kingdom. The position involves cross-departmental collaboration on a variety of matters including commercial, marketing, operations, finance, design and construction and others.
- Maintain fluent relationships with investors, developers and real estate, hospitality brokers, with the purpose of identifying new business opportunities as well as the analysis of hotel opportunities.
- Identify business opportunities in the real estate, hospitality market of Scandinavia and the United Kingdom. Opportunities include existing, currently operated hotels (vacant possession) as well as new construction projects.
- Analyze current and potential hotel performance of identified opportunities, with the purpose of assessing the viability of the operations and the potential interest for the hotel chain.
- Coordinate the process of due diligence and acquisition, leasing, management of new business opportunities with the different departments of the company involved in the analysis of the opportunity (finance, operations, legal, operations, technical department, marketing, etc.).
- Generate business leads for potential projects through leverage of an ever-increasing network of industry contacts.
In this role you will report to the Managing Director and the Senior VP Development. Preferably you will be based in one to the Scandinavian Capital cities and have flexibility and availability to travel internationally on a frequent basis.
- 3-6 years of proven successful experience in development, at least 1-2 of them in senior roles within the hospitality industry.
- Experience in the Development Department of a hotel group or in Hotel Advisory, Brokerage is highly valued.
- Bachelor Degree in Business Administration or related discipline, Hotel School
- Deep knowledge of the hotel real estate market and real estate financing. (Priority is Scandinavia and subsequently the UK.).
- Knowledge of market feasibility analysis, and investment and capitalization structures.
- Knowledge of the different hotel operating contracts and their characteristics (leases, management, franchises).
- High command of English language, both written and spoken is a must.
- Mastery of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint are a must.
Our client is an international hotel chain with multiple brands.
To be discussed, depending on education, experience and network.