Amsterdam welcomes a new luxury hotel in a heritage landmark overlooking the famous Amstel canal and needs an experienced Director of Sales who will work closely with the General Manager to determine appropriate sales strategies in all market segments toward maximizing the hotel revenues.
You will enter the pre-opening phase of a new luxury property of an international hotel chain. Challenging times and great opportunities for you to create your own successful Sales & Marketing department. As Director of Sales you will be the head of the sales department, in charge of training and supervising the hotel´s sales team. You will work closely with the General Manager to determine appropriate sales strategies in all market segments.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Ensure a high level of guest satisfaction.
- Drive the sales and marketing strategy. Observe the market, identity trends and monitor the main competitors.
- Setting and achieving sales and profit targets, meeting budgets, controlling expenses and exceeding revenue targets.
- Guiding & leading the sales team, liaising closely with the Revenue Manager to drive revenue, and promote and market the hotel.
- Maximize hotel’s group room revenue on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis and direct sales focus to achieving hotel revenue goals.
- Develop and continually enhance relationships with key accounts (e.g. corporate, diplomatic and associations).
- Handle inquiries, RFP’s and site-inspections.
- Implement company programs and direct the operations to meet and exceed budgeted revenues while ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Advise the Groups’ Director of Marketing and Sales on all matters relating to group sales to maintain an open line of communication and harmony among departments.
- Perform other functions as required and directed.
Experience, Qualifications & Personality:
- Minimum of 4 (four) years hotel sales experience, with a proven track record within the Amsterdam hospitality market
- You are fluent in Dutch, English and preferably another European language
- Positive attitude and mindset
- Flexibility and a ‘can do’ mentality
- You are a hunter for new business
- Commercially driven
The hotel is located in the heart of Amsterdam, on the famous Amstel river with approximately 150 luxury rooms and suites. Long stay serviced apartments are also available. This heritage landmark is currently in renovation and will open in the fourth quarter of 2017.
A competitive package will be offered to the Director of Sales, depending on education and experience. The group also offers extra benefits and will facilitate for you to succeed.
To apply for this job vacancy Director of Sales please send your personal elevator pitch, motivation letter and detailed Curriculum Vitae to Mrs. Larissa Zwart firstname.lastname@example.org or click the Apply button here below.
Should you have any questions regarding to this position or would you like to personally announce and motivate your application, please don’t hesitate and call Mrs. Larissa Zwart at +31-70-3227630 or +31-6-20106473.
Apply for this job now Back