Amsterdam welcomes a new luxury hotel in a heritage landmark overlooking the famous Amstel canal and needs an experienced General Manager to lead and manage the (pre-) opening of this contemporary designed luxury hotel. If you have a professional manner, friendly personality and are able to think on your feet then this might be the next career step for you. Leadership with a passion that inspires his or her staff and attracts the industry’s best talent.
Opening and running a hotel comes with a variety of responsibilities, dedication and ownership. You will be the leader by example for the hotel and its staff and also for the hotel group which is expanding. You are commercially accountable for budgeting and financial management, planning, organizing and directing all hotel services, including front-of-house (reception, concierge, and reservations), food and beverage operations, and housekeeping.
You will also pay attention to the details, lead by example and deliver unique experiences to guests´ and teams’ needs and expectations.
- Motivating the hotel’s team to deliver service standards
- Customer satisfaction
- Driving the sales and marketing strategy
- Meeting budgets and exceeding revenue targets
- Liaising closely with the sales and revenue team
- Planning and organizing accommodation, catering and other hotel services
- Promoting and marketing the hotel’s business
- Setting and achieving sales and profit targets
- Recruiting, training and monitoring staff
- Ensuring events and conferences run smoothly
- Supervising maintenance, supplies, renovations and furnishings
- Ensuring compliance with licensing laws, health and safety and other statutory regulations
If you have a professional manner, friendly personality and are able to think on your feet then this might be the next career step for you.
- You will have a proven track record within Amsterdam and the hospitality community with at least 4 years of experience as General Manager
- You obtained a bachelor degree in hotel management and are fluent in Dutch, English and preferably another European language
- This challenge needs a positive attitude and mindset
- You are very flexible and have a ‘can do’ mentality
- With your professional manner you will remain calm, have a rational approach in hectic situations
- Energy and patience together with inspiring leadership to attract the industry’s best talent
The hotel is located in the heart of Amsterdam, on the famous Amstel canal with approximately 150 luxury rooms and suites. Also long stay serviced apartments are available. The heritage landmark is currently in renovation and will open in the fourth quarter of 2017.
Besides a competetive salary, which will depend on your experience, the group is offering full benefits to the General Manager regarding pension plan, private healthcare, company car and extra company benefits.
If you are ready for a great opening experience and to become the leader of a new luxury property in Amsterdam, please apply at your earliest convenience.
To apply for this job vacancy General Manager (hotel opening) please call Mrs. Larissa Zwart at +31-70-3227630 or +31-6-20106473 and send your personal elevator pitch, motivation letter and detailed Curriculum Vitae to Mrs. Larissa Zwart firstname.lastname@example.org or click the Apply button here below.
Should you have any questions regarding to this position or would you like to personally announce and motivate your application, please don’t hesitate and call Mrs. Larissa Zwart at +31-70-3227630 or +31-6-20106473.
Apply for this job now Back