Amsterdam welcomes a new luxury hotel in a heritage landmark overlooking the famous Amstel canal and needs an experienced Revenue Manager (hotel opening) who is in charge of implementing revenue management strategies and processes for this new luxury hotel.
You will enter the pre-opening phase of a new luxury property of an international hotel chain. Challenging times and great opportunities for you to create your own successfull department. Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Responsible for best practice standards to include: competitor analysis; environmental scanning; market modeling; distribution yield management; business mix yield management; length of stay yield management; inventory availability by channel; pricing control and new pricing concepts.
- Implement revenue management operations, procedures and best practices. Identify new revenue opportunities. Create and develop pricing strategies.
- Oversee revenue management and distribution strategy of the hotel and manage day to day yield operations.
- Analyze overall monthly hotel performance and provide summary report with recommendations to improve long term strategies.
- Provide daily, weekly and monthly reporting. Provide weekly dynamic forecast of expected results, variances and budget comparisons.
- Optimize and expand distribution partnerships. Evaluate performance of distribution partners and contracted rates (OTA, FIT, tour operator, corporate, consortia, crew, groups, etc…).
- Daily pick-up analysis, strategy adjustments and reporting.
- Responsible for assessing, analysing and pricing group business strategies.
- Ensure all related systems are configured correctly, validated and working to full capacity. Ensure web site booking process is maintained up-to-date and functional.
- Embed a revenue management culture. Inspire Hotel’s HODs to further embed a revenue management culture.
- Work in liaison with hotel sales and reservations departments as a team.
- Challenge and influence hotel to improve service level and operational standards.
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with all levels of staff at the hotel, plus with managers at the group’s head office.
- Prepare outline for and support the annual revenue budget process.
- Perform competitive benchmark studies and follow market trends.
- Visit the hotels to get first-hand knowledge of all revenue management issues and other key areas.
Experience, Qualifications & Personality of the Revenue Manager:
- Highly computer literate with a high level command of Excel
- Knowledge of hotel technology: Opera , PMS, Channel Manager, GDS, CRS
- Minimum of 2 (two) years hotel revenue experience, with a proven track record within Amsterdam (or other European city within a highly competitive market)
- Good analytical and numeric skills for fast data crunching
- Capable of prioritizing between revenue generating actions and time consuming tasks with low yield impact
- Positive attitude and mindset
- Flexibility and a ‘can do’ mentality
- Team player with the sales team
- Coaching of and supporting other departments in optimizing revenue
- Open minded and glass half full mentality
The hotel is located in the heart of Amsterdam, on the famous Amstel canal with approximately 150 luxury rooms and suites. Also long stay serviced apartments are available. The heritage landmark is currently in renovation and will open in the fourth quarter of 2017.
A competitive package will be offered to the Reveue Manager, depending on education and experience. The group also offers extra benefits and will facilitate in order for you to succeed at your best.
To apply for this job vacancy Revenue Manager (hotel opening) please send your personal elevator pitch, motivation letter and detailed Curriculum Vitae to Mrs. Larissa Zwart email@example.com or click the Apply button here below.
Should you have any questions regarding to this position or would you like to personally announce and motivate your application, please don’t hesitate and call Mrs. Larissa Zwart at +31-70-3227630 or +31-6-20106473.
Apply for this job now Back