What are you going to do?
Good food, good wine, cocktails, fun events, allowing guests to feel elevated, and a special food-wine combinations. Is your heart beating faster already? Well, then let us continue, inspiring your team, leading by example, empowering others, being the best in town, and having enough space to be creative and try out new things? Still excited? Then this is the perfect next step for you!
In this role, you will be responsible for the daily operation, the strategy, and the growth plans of the complete Food & Beverage department, including the service outlets and the kitchens. In specific, these are the rooftop Selva restaurant with 140 seats, the rooftop cocktail bar Sonora with 50 seats, the Moana bar with 70 seats, The View restaurant with 260 seats, the Meeting & Event operation across 10 meeting spaces with combined maximum capacity of 650pax. You are also a part of the Management Team of the hotel. You will have full responsibility for the Food & Beverage profit and loss statement.
As Food & Beverage Director, you evaluate, develop, and encourage your team to get the most out of themselves. You identify and communicate bottlenecks and help to solve them. You also monitor the implementation of internal procedures and legislation, for example in the field of budget & planning and HACCP. Finally, you maintain a close relationship with the guests and, if necessary, you are the first point of contact for compliments and complaints.
What's in it for us?
- You have a proven track of delivering the balance between commercial results, great guest experience, and developing your teams;
- Strong understanding of commercial aspect of running F&B department
- You have at least 3 years of experience in leading the F&B Department in a multi-outlet hotel (bar, restaurant, banqueting) and you feel ready to step up to a more senior role in a large flagship property;
- You are a mature people-person, humble, but equally ambitious and driven to get the job done through developing your team;
- You can speak, read, write in English on an advanced level. Dutch and additional languages are a plus;
social hub. design hotel. the place to be.
nhow Amsterdam RAI is a social and multicultural hub for globetrotters, business travelers, and Amsterdam locals. The iconic building, facing the various wind directions, symbolizes the melting pot of cultures the city of Amsterdam has always been and continues to be. The impressive 91-metre-tall building is in the Zuidas district, right next to the RAI Amsterdam Convention Centre, and is offering its guests a dynamic headquarters and home base.
For this iconic social hub with 650 bedrooms, we are looking for an ambitious leader with vibrant personality and a genuine approach. The F&B operation includes the rooftop Latin-American concept restaurant and the cocktail bar, 10 meeting and events spaces, The View restaurant, and the room service. You will be working in international team with over 80 colleagues in the F&B team.
What’s in it for you?
- A year-end bonus for every employee with a maximum of 100% of your monthly gross salary;
- To show you how happy we are with you as our colleague, we give you a Signing bonus after your first 3 months of € 250,- gross and a second Signing Bonus after 12 months of € 500,-gross;
- Refer-a-friend bonus of € 500,- gross;
- Welcome @ Work: dine, spend the night, and have breakfast in your own hotel;
- Spend the night in our hotels all over the world for €36,- or €72,- per night and enjoy a 30% discount in our restaurants/bars;
- Discounts up to 25% for your friends & family;
- Discounts in all kinds of (web) shops;
- Stay fit with our Company Fitness, Bicycle- and Sport Plan;
- As an employee you can make free use of our hotel gym with a view!
- From short (training) courses to internal training. In addition, when you are ready for the next step in your career, we offer plenty of internal career opportunities in The Netherlands and abroad;
- Salary depending on your experience ranges between €4.005 - 4.800 gross per month (based on a full-time contract);