Some aspects of the role
- As part of our leadership team of five, the regional head of finance will be responsible for the annual and long-term financial planning, financial analysis, accounting, billing, treasury, cost and revenue optimization and management reporting required to support our local growing Business Unit's operations and ongoing growth plans.
- The regional head of finance is expected to influence the strategic direction and funding of Choice’s international core business and alternative growth channels. You will have the opportunity to manage, mentor and collaborate with finance teams located in various countries, Legal counsel and a Business Analyst.
- In addition, you will form business partnerships with operations and support leaders in EMEA, the United States, and other parts of the globe to develop best-in-class strategic planning, forecasting and budgeting processes and drive the growth of Choice Hotels in EMEA.
- Additional duties expected of the regional head of finance are: strategic financial modelling, cost optimization, resource allocation, operational reviews, analytical support, and executive reporting.
Your experience and skills
- This position requires executive leadership, initiative, and resourcefulness. You are familiar with compliance requirements of a large global public company, while wearing multiple hats in a matrix organisation.
- You will have 10+ years of financial analysis and/or accounting experience, preferably with hospitality industry experience and have an understanding of a franchise organization, preferably coming from the hotel industry.
- You have the ability to oversee the entire span of finance functions for a business unit, including accounting, treasury, financial planning, analysis and legal.
- Be able to influence and collaborate with senior level leaders across organizational lines and be comfortable navigating the requirements of a large US public company.
- Have the ability to communicate and explain complex financial issues to non-financial professionals and to interact well and gain trust with all levels within the organization.
- Be a proven leader with experience building and managing high performance teams.
- Be confident inproject management skills: effectively leading implementation of key business initiatives. Ability to develop new processes and systems to optimize the efficiency of the Finance organization. Have a strong drive for data integrity, process definition and organizational alignment.
- Proficient inMicrosoft Office, with advanced knowledge of Excel (financial modelling andanalysis techniques). Be familiar with CPM/FP&A tools and ERP.
- You are a real teamplayer, listening to and communicating well with colleagues.
- Know when to take calculated risks to grow the business.
- Value integrity and will do what’s right to foster an environment of governance.
- Have the capacity for ambiguity and adaptability.
- Act thoughtfully whilst embracing a sense of urgency.
- Be curious. Asking questions and challenging ideas ensures our workplace delivers continuous learning as well as business success.
- Seek input and value diverse perspectives that differ from your own.
- Living in theNetherlands, with an office in the centre of Amsterdam and willing to travel 15% of the time and flexible to work across multiple time zones.
- Be fluent in English and Dutch.
Our client Choice Hotels is the leading hospitality franchisor in North America and is looking to transform hospitality franchising in Europe, Middle East& Africa with a regional team found in Amsterdam, London, Munich and Paris.
A small team, yet with over 20 different nationalities amongst them, they are energized to support our existing franchisees to grow their business and excited to collaborate with new franchisees, developers, and investors to strengthen our EMEA portfolio of brands.
So far they refreshed four brands, Comfort, Clarion, Quality and Ascend and have introduced the Sleep brand to EMEA for the first time. It’s been a big year for the team focused on creating innovative brand experiences and growing online performance. They expect this year to be even bigger and are looking for talented people to join us as we unleash our potential!
For more information and to apply, please reach out to our recruitment consultant Larissa Zwart at +31-(0)6-20106473 or firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also apply directly through this platform with a personal note and your CV attached.