As Assistent General Manager and/or Deputy Manager you will be working as a number two, facilitating your team in operations where F&B is the main part, assisting the most inspiring General Manager in town AND in a great hotel where sky is the limit. To join the team you will bring solid Food & Beverage experience in a mice property. You are an inspiring personality who loves engaging with both staff members and guests. You are a real hotelier. Challenge your ambition and join here for your new endeavor!
We are looking for a dashing, diligent and driven individual who will act as our Deputy Manager who is ready to take on a key role within a dynamic, growing organization. The lucky individual will play a starring role as the right hand (and sometimes the left one too) of the General Manager in taking overall operational control (such a powerful word!) of the nhow Brussels. Not constrained by the conventional, this veritable Vice Admiral will have extensive experience managing a Food and Beverage department in an exciting and engaging hotel environment.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Deputizes fully in the absence of the General manager.
- In cooperation with the General Manager and Technical Manager, acts as one of the leaders of the emergency response team.
- Assists the General Manager in driving service excellence across the hotel.
- Develops and maintains an excellent product knowledge of the hotel.
- Assists the General Manager in ensuring that all Management team members are fully aware of daily business requirements.
- Responsible for conducting spot checks across all F&B outlets to ensure compliance at all levels.
- Identifies and exploits new sales opportunities to drive hotel revenue.
- Maintains full awareness of competitive set operations and service levels.
- In the absence of the General Manager, holds monthly meetings with Department Heads to assess current and future requirements.
- Assists the General Manager in guiding and monitoring Department Heads with Quality Standards action plans for NH Hotel Group.
- Supports the Food and Beverage Manager and Executive Chef as their mentor and role model.
Knowledge and skills
- Degree at Bachelor Level, preferably in a Hospitality related field.
- At least 5 years of food and beverage head of department experience in a vibrant hotel.
- Fluent in English.
- A charismatic and confident communicator in every sense.
- A natural leader of people and an ambassador of the nhow brand
- Analytical, focused, hands-on and results-driven – A Strong conceptual thinker.
- Highly organized and ability to multi-task in a driven manner.
- Did we mention outstanding leadership skills?
- Team player
- EU membership
The most colorful of urban hotel brands has come to Brussels! You always wanted something different, and it could be working in an art gallery? Well, this is your chance…. Joining its older siblings in Milan, Berlin, Rotterdam, Marseille, London and Amsterdam nhow Brussels will offer you an entirely new experience! This hotel lives and breathes art in all its different states. In case you didn’t know about us (what?!) NH Hotel Group, part of Minor Hotels, operates almost 400 hotels with around 60,000 rooms in 26 countries across Europe, America and Africa.
For this position a basic salary is in place of 60K-68K gross per year, plus company secondairy benefits.